THE MONDAY MOAN – A once a week spot for us to moan about the stuff that perhaps we should all be moaning about that little bit more…
- Online complaint – May – No response
- Online complaint – June – No response
- Facebook message – July – Response stating they would pass on the original complaint
- Two weeks and I get it’s a poor surface and they’ll look at remedial repair but that the fence acting as a barrier between the path and the dual carriageway is the highways responsibility.
- I’ve heard nothing from highways…
So, I wrote this:
‘I’m sorry but this response is also unacceptable. It’s taken over three months to get to this point. If your department, indeed, if the council were a private business that business would not exist as you’d be sued and bankrupted into non existence for outrageously poor customer service, injury and damages claims and for gross inefficiencies.
If, as you say, the highways are responsible, which is NOT what you inferred in your last email, then that of course is the reason why the fence or lack thereof and so danger to the road is so acute. What you failed to answer was your inspection regime and I now demand that from you. What were the last three occasions when there was a walk through inspection one the path and fence?’
I am not holding my breath on this one. The service offered up by local authorities verges on the criminal and in this case the danger to the public is clear to see. There is a dual carriageway adjacent to a popular trail with NO BARRIER between the walkers, dogs, cyclists and kids and the speeding cars.
Cardiff Council and all of it’s employees, sorry if you are one of those but I am sure you know the score, ought to be ashamed of themselves for this sorry tale of belittling complaints and for their appalling levels of service.