Three Peaks, Malham And Wuthering Heights
It’s a right proper walkers delight with Yorkshire’s three peaks challenge walk PLUS two of the finest day walks that the North has to offer… This weekend is inclusive of accommodation and guiding but not transport or food.
It’s a long weekend with us meeting at the accommodation (we’ll encourage car sharing on the way up) on the Thursday evening. Day’s will be spent walking, food will be self/shared catering or in the pub and evenings will likely see us sat by the fire in The Buck Inn.
Do search the programme for other great events!
For general information and the small print do go HERE!
- Drive up and get settled in for a good sleep...
- 38km 1585m Ascent - If the weather's suitable an early start and it's The Yorkshire Three Peaks 38km and 1585m of ascent and all in under 12 hours... We'll likely be starting and finishing in the dark! There will be a foul weather alternative :)
- 11km 366m Ascent - Oh my, perhaps the best walk in the UK? I know that's controversial but... We leave the accommodation on foot and through the village to Janet's Foss, on through Gordale Scar and a scramble beside the waterfall, on to Malham Tarn before heading back over the limestone pavement to the top of Malham Cove, rarely the highest single drop waterfall in the UK and back to the farm. A truly stunning day!
- 12km 323m Ascent We leave the accommodation and drive to Haworth for a walk to Top Withens, the supposed setting for Emily Bronte's 'Wuthering Heights'. It's a fine circular walk which starts and finishes at the Bronte Parsonage Museum which is well worth a visit. Then it's our goodbyes and the journey home :)
- Vernal Equinox Sunset On Pen Y Fan
- Mar 20 2021
- 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm