The BBNP 2000 Footers – 5 of 9 – Western Brecon Beacons
In 2020 Andy will be leading 9 day long hill walks taking in all of the 2000ft peaks of the BBNP (Brecon Beacons National Park). He last delivered these as a series of walks for this group in 2017 and prior to that, ‘back in the day’, when he was a part time warden and guided walks and volunteer co-ordinator for the BBNP.
Starting in the west the walks will trend eastwards from Moel Gornach in the west to The Black Mountain (South Top) in the east. You can join one or a few or all of these fine mountain walks.
1. Moel Gornach & Garreg Las – 13.2km (distance) + 471m (ascent)
2. Waun Lefrith, Picws Du, Fan Brycheiniog & Fan Hir – 19km + 966m
3. Fan Gyhirwch, Fan Fraith, Fan Need – 20.2km + 760m
4. Craig Cerrig Gleisiad, Fan Frynich, Fan Llia & Fan Fawr – 16.5km + 727m
5. Y Gyrn, Corn Du, Pen y Fan & Cribyn – 12km + 980m
6. Allt Lwyd, Waun Rydd, Bwlch y Ddwyallt & Fan y Big – 18km + 1020m
7. Cefn yr Ystrad – 17km & 585m
8. Pen Cerrig-Calch, Pen Allt-Mawr, Pen Twyn Glas, Mynydd Llysiau, Waun Fach, Pen y Gadair Fawr & Pen Twyn Mawr – 27km + 1080m
9. Chwarel y Fan, Rhos Dirion, Twmpa & Black Mountain N and S – 23km + 865m
Do search the programme for other great events!
For general information and the small print do go HERE